NOTICE – Fee for not paying delinquent bill on or before the 3rd of the month has increased to the following amount:
Cutoff/Disconnection $35.00 + Turn On/Reconnection $35.00 Total Fee $70.00.
Save time – pay by phone!!
The system gives you access to our account 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It’s a convenient way to pay your bills on your own time- with no waiting!!
CALL 833-273-7452 today to make your payment over the phone.
Deliver sustainable and reliable, high-quality water at affordable rates for our customers by controlling, protecting, preserving, and distributing the District’s water through maximizing the public service of all District resources.
Bill Payment Options
Looking for the most convenient way to pay your bill? We offer a wide variety of payment options to our customers. Simply choose the option that best suits your needs…Learn more…
There are a number of easy ways to save water, and they all start with you. When you save water, you save money on your utility bills. Here are just a few ways…Learn more…
Application for Appointment to Board of Directors
Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors (the “Board” or “Directors”) of Brookshire Municipal Water District (the “District”). The District is a local governmental entity that is governed by a five (5) member Board. The Directors are elected to staggered four (4) year terms, however, if there is a vacancy on the Board, that vacancy is filled by appointment by the remaining Directors. Currently, there is one (1) vacancy on the Board.
Directors must be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the District or be a registered voter of the District.
What you can expect if appointed to the Board:
- Attendance at one (1) regular Board meeting per month at the District office, 4004 6th Street, Brookshire, Texas 77423 (the first (1st) Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m.). The regular Board meeting typically lasts from 1-2 hours.
- Attendance at any special meetings that may be necessary from time to time in the District.
- Review of any and all consultant (Bookkeeper, Operator, Engineer, Attorney, etc.) reports prior to the regular Board meetings.
- Attend bi-annual statewide conferences, as schedule allows.
- Compliance with all federal, State and local laws pertaining to water control and improvement districts, including the District’s reimbursement and per diem policy.
The above is not an exhaustive list, but does provide some of the Directors’ basic expectations of those they appoint. If you have any questions, please contact the District’s attorney, Elliot M. Barner, at Radcliffe Bobbitt Adams Polley PLLC at 713.237.1221 or email@example.com.
Please note that Applications must be submitted to the District’s General Manager, Tonya Pierre, at the District’s Office no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 3, 2019, to be considered by the Board.
Hurricane Harvey Relief Funds for Wastewater System Repairs & Failing Clay Pipe 2018, Brookshire Municipal Water District (BMWD)
Texas Water Development Board Project
Funded in whole by Clean Water State Revolving Fund
Emergency Repairs to the wastewater lift stations/wastewater treatment plant and replace failing clay pipe in two different areas of the BMWD.
The Brookshire Municipal Water District would like to let you know that on April 16, 2018 the Texas Water Development Board approved by resolution a request from the Brookshire Municipal Water District for $490,000.00 in principal forgiveness from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund for design and construction of a Hurricane Harvey disaster recovery wastewater project.
- Sewage Treatment Plant expansion
- Storage and Pump Station at Cooper
- Replace I-10 bottleneck sewer
- New water well
- Begin replacing meters with cellular read meters to improve water loss
- Installed auto dialers in 7 lift station
- Survey Fire Hydrants and working on repair issues found
- Painted Elevated tanks
- Extensive rehab of distribution and collection system