Board of Directors and Staff
Application for Appointment to Board of Directors
Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors (the “Board” or “Directors”) of Brookshire Municipal Water District (the “District”). The District is a local governmental entity that is governed by a five (5) member Board. The Directors are elected to staggered four (4) year terms, however, if there is a vacancy on the Board, that vacancy is filled by appointment by the remaining Directors. Currently, there is one (1) vacancy on the Board.
Directors must be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the District or be a registered voter of the District.
What you can expect if appointed to the Board:
- Attendance at one (1) regular Board meeting per month at the District office, 4004 6th Street, Brookshire, Texas 77423 (the first (1st) Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m.). The regular Board meeting typically lasts from 1-2 hours.
- Attendance at any special meetings that may be necessary from time to time in the District.
- Review of any and all consultant (Bookkeeper, Operator, Engineer, Attorney, etc.) reports prior to the regular Board meetings.
- Attend bi-annual statewide conferences, as schedule allows.
- Compliance with all federal, State and local laws pertaining to water control and improvement districts, including the District’s reimbursement and per diem policy.
The above is not an exhaustive list, but does provide some of the Directors’ basic expectations of those they appoint. If you have any questions, please contact the District’s attorney, Elliot M. Barner, at Radcliffe Bobbitt Adams Polley PLLC at 713.237.1221 or email@example.com.
Please note that Applications must be submitted to the District’s General Manager, Tonya Pierre, at the District’s Office no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 3, 2019, to be considered by the Board.
- President – Edith Penrice-Kelley
- Vice President – Albert Wilkins
- Secretary – Kirk Glover
- Asst. Secretary – Vanessa Johnson
- Investment Officer – Stephanie Green
- General Manager – Tonya Pierre
- Admin. Assistant – Sarah Laskar
- Admin. Assistant – Priscilla Alegria
- Admin. Assistant – Yaneri Figueroa
- Festival Clerk- Taylor Hall
- Field Assistant – Fredrick Rogers
- Field Assistant – Michael Whitaker